Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting Down and Dirty

After taking Sunday off I came back Monday and hit the ground running.

Monday the Bravo Company was doing the Teamwork Development Course. It reminded me of a low ropes course that forces people to work together to achieve a goal, only harder and more army-like. It was the first actual training event I got to film so I had lots of fun with it.

Then today the company was participating in squad tactics exercises. They basically learned to (properly) Army crawl then go through and obstacle course with the new skills. They learned the crawling techniques in a giant plot of dirt. I got a little carried away filming there, but I got some great shots out of it. I spent the entire day right in their face as they were puling themselves across. Eventually I got down on my stomach so the camera was eye level. It was really messy, but I got some nice close-ups that way. A Cadet accidentally hit my camera and one was so focused they almost high-crawled right over me, but I survived. I also later got a little caught up in barbed wire much to the amusement of a 2nd Lieutenant nearby. All the cadets went under the barbed wire, we tried to navigate over it to get the best shot. I'm glad I wore jeans.

I'm happy to say that I finally have a few videos posted online. You can find them here

In the mean time, we're off to the climbing complex tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying out the high ropes course and challenging myself. It should be a ton of fun!

1 comment: